We welcome your application for an AAUW York Branch Graduate Scholarship.
The American Association of University Women is the oldest women’s organization in America. It is dedicated to promoting equity for women, education and self-development over the life span, and positive societal change. Membership is open to graduates with at least an Associates degree.
The AAUW York Branch Graduate Scholarship is awarded each year to a female graduate student on the basis of her academic achievements, her field of endeavor as it pertains to the improvement of women’s place in our society, and her financial need. To be considered a candidate for this award, the applicant must:
- Be female
- Be a resident of York County, or a graduate of a York County H.S., or a graduate of a York County accredited college or university.
- Be enrolled in an accredited program for a master’s or a doctoral degree, or be accepted into such a program.
- Furnish TWO academic references, preferably from professors who have worked closely with closely with you in your major field.
- Attach official transcripts of ALL prior academic work, as well as transcripts from graduate work you have completed to date.
- Submit a brief essay describing how your field of study pertains to,and promotes women’s issues in today’s society.
Our scholarship is awarded for the fall academic term of the school year, in the amount of $3,000 and is usually paid directly to the graduate school.
Your completed application, letters of reference, transcripts, and essay must be submitted before March 1.
Questions? Contact our Graduate Scholarship Chair.